CALL FOR PAPERS
Creating Space VII: Dreaming the Myth Onward: The Stories We Don’t Always Tell
A CCME pre-conference
Winnipeg, Manitoba -April 28-29, 2017
Three Learning Objectives To Help You Formulate Your Submission:
- Discuss multiple conceptual frameworks informing different forms of scholarship employed in AHSS approaches to health professions education.
- Engage academics, health care practitioners, and artists to explore models of expressing and understanding personal narratives in the context of medical/clinical training.
- Include AHSS techniques, best practices and worldviews in health professions education to promote further collaboration and program development with the view that exploration of one’s personal narratives in the context of medical/clinical training may have benefits to patient care and to the mental health and resilience of health professionals .
Types of proposals
Recognizing the emerging role of AHSS approaches and interdisciplinary scholarship,Creating Space VII offers authors the opportunity to display creatively their research and educational achievements, experiences and thoughts.
Proposals may be submitted by authors in the form of :
* Short Presentation (20 minutes)
* Limited group workshop (60 minutes)
* Panel Discussion (60 minutes)
* Performance Session (30 minutes)
Each proposal must meet the following guidelines.
- Proposal Template:
- Author(s), affiliation (One affiliation per author, Expected presenter’s name must be in bold.)
- Body of text of the proposal (Maximum 250 words)
- Key words (3)
- Citations (Max=3, Not Mandatory)
- Type of proposals (e.g. short presentation, workshop, poster, etc.)
- Proposals must be:
- Submitted in .doc or .docx format
- Font: Times New Roman 12
- Proposals may be submitted in French or in English.
- Acronyms should be explained at their first notice.
Deadline for submission :
Proposals are due no later than midnight EDT, January 31st, 2017.
To Submit a Proposal :
All proposals must be submitted to the following address: email@example.com
*Acceptance of proposals will be confirmed in late February, 2017.